Choices that lead to a happy, successful, and meaningful life.
He was the Attorney General of the state of Nevada, United States, Chairman of Capriotti’s, and made millions in real estate. Today, George J. Chanos sits down to talk with Brad Lea about success, his upcoming book, and how to live a meaningful life.
George wrote, “Seize Your Destiny” after having a heart attack. After surviving emergency heart surgery, George describes coming home and starting the task of putting his affairs into order. As he considered what would be left to daughter and nephew, George realized that just leaving them money wasn’t enough to fully prepare them for how to best use their resources. So, he decided to write them a letter.
What started as financial advice evolved into a book that included everything George Chanos thought his daughter and nephew might need to know to succeed over the next several decades. It provides encouragement and direction that can inspire action, build character, and help readers overcome their fears.
When Brad asks George, “If you could tell your children only three things, what would they be?” the result is a bomb-filled hour with some truly important advice you don’t want to miss. Here are the highlights:
- At this moment in history, thanks to major developments in technology, the spoken word is more powerful than the written word.
- How important it is to have the right mindset—and that includes believing in yourself. “The Art of War talks about how battles are won or lost before they’re even fought,” says George. How you think about things and the mindset you create will determine whether you’re a success or a failure.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of character. We need relationships to have a successful and happy life. But, if you have bad character, no one wants to have a relationship with you—whether business or personal.
- Focus on the future. If you’ve had questionable work ethic or a poor mindset in the past, it’s not too late to correct your path. It’s not about what you did yesterday, it’s about what you’re doing today and what you’re going to do tomorrow.
- You can become as formidable as you want to be, and it starts by dedicating two minutes a day for 30 days to the areas you want to improve. Whether you’re meditating or writing, wake up every morning and spend two minutes thinking about what you’re grateful for. By the end of a month, you’ll have created a habit that will benefit you for a lifetime.
- There’s no one approach that’s right for every circumstance. Go after what you want with purpose, commitment, dedication, and realism. But, understand that things take time.
What better way to ring in the new year than with a single episode that will help you meet an overcome many of the challenges you’ll face in 2019!
Like what you heard? Don’t forget to pick up George Chanos’ book, Seize Your Destiny: A Roadmap to Success. Choices That Lead to a Happy, Successful, and Meaningful Life — available starting at $11.95 on Amazon.
About George J. Chanos:
George J. Chanos, Esq. served as Nevada’s 31st Attorney General. He administered Nevada’s Department of Justice and acted as the state’s chief legal officer and advisor. Prior to serving as Nevada’s Attorney General, Mr. Chanos had a distinguished legal career, representing individual and corporate clients on all matters relating to the growth and management of their businesses. Mr. Chanos has a common sense approach to dealing with problems and a unique ability to understand and explain complex issues. He also has a clear vision and uncommon insights, concerning how anyone, regardless of circumstance, can design and lead a happy, successful, and meaningful life.